Friday, February 13, 2015

The Arrival... A new season

I am sure hoping I will be more active this year.

A new season is coming. It's here, actually, but "here" is a process. A season is not an event, it is a period of change and transition. A time when dead things from winter come back to life, flowers blossom, cross pollination occurs, fruit grows... Spiritual Spring is coming and has come.

I have had the blessing of a loving wife who provokes my growth and gives wisdom and insight to my curious and cautious heart. And she has been down this path herself and has resources for me to explore.

One of these resources is a copy of When Heaven Invades Earth, by Bill Johnson. I'm almost done with it. After that is... Um... Piercing the Veil, I think it is called. Then Shadow Boxing.

Some much that is being revealed to me. Stuff that is really hard to put into words, but concepts that just fall into place. It's tiring, but it is good.

The bad thing is that I can spend more time reading other peoples words and ignore reading GOD'S Word. It is so easy for me to ignore spending time before the Father and searching out His ways.

In the way of your testimonies I delight
as much as in all riches.
I will meditate on your precepts
and fix my eyes on your ways.
I will delight in your statutes;
I will not forget your word.

The Psalmist who wrote 119 craved the Word of the Father. Earnestly he pursued the Father and so earnestly he consumed the Word. He took joy in the Word of the Testimony. Taking part of the Word was vital to the relationship he had with God.

I am not saying that reading the Word is the end-all for spiritual growth, but it is not to be neglected. I love the Father, so I love His Word. It is a by-product of my relationship with the Author.


Part of my growth is also in the giftings. Learning not just who I am in Christ, but what role I have in the Kingdom. This means opening my eyes and seeing what the Lord is placing in front of me.

I have a lot to learn. A lot to share. I look forward to sharing with you this year.

A video... cause it's been stuck in my head for over a week.

No comments: