Sunday, December 04, 2011

Gandalf Grayhame!

Nothing to spectacular today. I'm just doing some housework, trying to get ready for the delivery of my new bed. It ain't anything fancy, but it's new, and it's mine!

Which means I have to clean so the delivery guys can actually get it into the bedroom. Still have some work to do, move the couch, move a dresser type thing, so they have a good angle into the room. Clean the bedroom.

Did a lot of laundry today. Needed more quarters, and I knew I would, so I went next door to H.E.B. and got more. When I came back I saw this.


My cat, Gandalf, watching as life went on past the patio door. He likes to sit there a lot.

He has been bouncing around most of the day, probably because I have the windows (and that glass door) cracked open a bit to get some fresh air in. Right now he is snugged up between a laundry basket and a wall.

Strange how I don't care much how my house is kept until someone is coming over. And I really am never gonna see these delivery guys again. I shouldn't care what they think. But I do. And I want it to be somewhat clean at least.

Isn't that kind of like us with God? Our hearts and minds have all sorts of junk just tossing around in there, and then when we feel God's presence moving in there, we start going "Oh crap, I've gotta clean!"

... Yeah... because God didn't know what it was like in there before.

But the shame of admitting to God what we have been leaving in our selves gives us a temporary clean buzz. Not a bad thing really, but then we come down from it and stuff just begins to accumulate. Not bad stuff, necessarily, but... stuff. Fears, dreams, wants, time wasted, words ignored, words unjustly held onto. Stuff.

I'm one to talk... I got stuff too. And my apt is a pretty good show of it. Sigh.
Well. At least I am cleaning now.

And not writing a blog to procrastinate from cleaning.

Ahem.

I don't really have any answers, or insights, but I do have thoughts bouncing around my head. And a kitty, who likes to look outside when he isn't sleeping. Or knocking stuff over while I'm trying to clean.

Off I go, to the bedroom. If you hear screams, it's cause the closet ate me.

Eric.

No comments: